Join the Virginia Queens Who Read for storytime at 5:30 and Karaoke and Pop-up Drag at 6:00-8:00 for a preview of FloydPRIDE! Show your interest here at the facebook event page.
From the event linked above: “FAMILY FRIENDLY KICKOFF PARTY FOR FLOYD PRIDE at The Blue Ridge Cafe. This event is FREE. Bring an appetite and a thirst worth quenching.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th… Bring some friends and the entire family– we will see y’all soon!”
Samaire Provost is a novelist and lover of writing coming to FloydPRIDE to speak and sign copies of several of her novels, including the Mad World trilogy (Epidemic, Sanctuary, and Desperation,) her darkly romantic Romanov, and the first novel of her action-thriller Paladin Princess series, Pirates of Moonlit Bay.
Provost will speak on the reasons that she feels LGBT representation matters in media, and why she has chosen to include LGBT characters in her own storytelling.
Join FloydPRIDE’s 2019 entertainment director, Dreama Belle, for an all-ages friendly drag show at The Junebug Center in Floyd! Tickets are 12$ when reserved through the center’s website and 15$ at the doors. 10% of the show’s profits go directly to benefit Floyd PFLAG, and space is limited, so book early!
This event is also shareable on Facebook.
Join Floyd PFLAG for meetings at the Floyd Jessie Peterman Memorial Library community room at 6PM each second Tuesday of the month. All are welcome!
Floyd PFLAG is committed to:
- Providing a supportive, loving environment for all members of our community, including those of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Creating an environment of safety and acceptance for those who have experienced discrimination or who have felt marginalized.
- Educating families and communities on sexual orientation, gender identity and LGBT issues.
- Supporting LGBT people, their families and their friends through helplines, support group meetings and a variety of resources.
- True respect, which has everything to do with feeling real connections to one other.